Career and Technical Education
Career and Technical Education has a long a rich history in the United States. Today's CTE has evolved from a limited number of vocational programs available at the turn of the century into a broad system that encompasses a variety of challenging fields in diverse subject areas which are constantly evolving due to the changing global economy
Today's CTE provides students:
- academic subject matter taught with relevance to the real world
- employability skills, from job-related skills to workplace ethics.
- career pathways that link secondary and postsecondary education.
- education for additional training and degrees, especially related to workplace training, skills upgrades and career advancement.
- provides collaborative conections between employers and the education community that deliver high-quality dynamic programs.
- CTE is a results-driven system that demonstrates a positive return on investment.
To learn more about the Vision of Career and Technical Educaton please visit here